Alvex is a set of extensions for Alfresco that improves Alfresco capabilities in adaptive case management, document management, project management and business process management areas. Alvex is an open-source software and it's intended for use by developers. We do not provide support and release stable versions. Developers can use Alvex as a part of their solutions and extend Alvex to meet business needs.
Project Management with Alvex
Alvex provides tools to create a workspace for every long-term project that aggregates all information responsible team member needs to manage it:
- workflows, attached to the project, to create one huge workflow or many autonomous tasks
- check lists of project milestones to control the status of the project
- timeline and schedule to see what's happening in the project and what action should be the next
- document library to store all files and documents
- conversations stream of the project: summary of all meetings, calls and email messages related to the project
- list of involved people with their contacts and roles in the project
- integration with email server to attach messages to the project automatically is possible
Business Process Management with Alvex
- Org chart extension introduces divisions, subordinates, managers etc. Company structure can be used to choose users for task allocation, to associate an employee with a document and automatic task delegation.
- Uploader control allows to attach new documents from local storage directly to the workflow and to give permissions to read (or change) the document to the future assignees.
- If current task requires additional actions to be done before user can complete it, user can just start a related workflow on the fly.
- Alvex allows appoint substitutes for vacation time, leave or business trips.
- Each workflow has a discussion thread. Thread is created when process starts and is available during workflow lifecycle.
- Top management can get complete status for the whole company — tasks and workflows by assignees, by types, by dates or by priorities.
Document Management with Alvex
Using Alvex for all document and process management tasks helps to reduce operational costs, avoid the documents confusion, which makes the whole process clear and easily manageable at the same time.
- Registers allow to create document records and attach as many files to the record as the document has.
- On the page of the record users can see all properties, files and associations of the document, full version history, and a list of workflows the document is or was a part of.
- Users can enable auto-numbering and use external and internal master data to fill properties of the documents.
- Using Document Registration workflow you can add documents package to the registers, and assign a task to handle the package.
- Alvex includes the engine for the standard document generation in the docx format from templates.
Alvex for Systems Integrators
Learn more about Alvex